TLS Support (was- Re: [tpop3d-discuss] Compilation trouble on Solaris)

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:09:52 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> Sorry, known bug, you need -lrt. Try pasting the above gcc
> command line and appending -lrt on the end, and see if it
> works. I'll fix autoconf in the next release (RSN, once I
> can find a way to make TLS work properly....)

Quick question Chris. As somebody who has already contributed to the TLS
effort (BTW- I can't remember if I posted a fixed patch, but the one I
posted earlier alloacates a *HUGE* amount of memory -- something I missed
in my initial testing.), where are you stuck with TLS support? I looked at
the code a little deeper and while what I contributed works for clients
that supported STARTTLS, it looked like it might require a fair amount of
work to get tpop3d to work using the alternate port TLS, is this what
you're working on?

If so, I'd like to contribute. I haven't had much time over the past
couple months (my real job is always messing with me), but I should start
having more free time in the near future. Is there any specific issue
you're trying to work out that I might be able to assist with? In
addition, would it be possible to get CVS snapshots periodically, or
anonymous CVS access? I'd like to contribute more, but I have a feeling
that the code I'm working off of (1.3.5) is way out of date.

Just thought I'd toss that out. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Ben