[tpop3d-discuss] Re: [Exim] Some interesting problems I ran into today regarding Exim SMTP-Auth, tpop3d, and vmail-sql

Philip Hazel exim-users at exim.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:12:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Daniel Einspanjer wrote:

> So.  I prefixed the password with {md5} in my exim.conf, but it still
didn't work.  I'm not one hundred percent positive, but I believe it is
because exim is using a base 64 digest whereas vmail-sql/tpop3d is using
a base 32..

I thought MD5 was defined as an algorithm without any options. I
implemented it from RFC 1321, "The MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm".

ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.