[tpop3d-discuss] Some interesting problems I ran into today regarding Exim SMTP-Auth, tpop3d, and vmail-sql

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:28:29 +0000

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:01:28PM -0500, Daniel Einspanjer wrote:
> I don't really have any questions regarding this, which
> is good news, but I would like to know if other people out
> there have come up with better ways to do the combination
> of POP and SMTP authentication, preferably using tpop3d
> and vmail-sql.  I would be happy to volunteer some of my
> time to compiling these configurations together and making
> them available to the masses of people who have problems
> in this area all the time (to judge from the mailing
> lists). :)

Paul is the expert here, but basically we have implemented
this by having the authentication running in perl; this
allows you to re-use the PasswordCrypt module which comes
with vmail-sql. I expect that this will make it into the
vmail-sql distribution some time.

--
 The ship sank, the South lost and the sled got tossed in the fire.
 Get over it.