[tpop3d-discuss] TLS Process User

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:04:05 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
 [..snip unrelated bs..]
> > P.S. Chris- You said you had code that can parse the configuration line
> > that you had come up with for TLS -- it was:
> >   address[:port][(domain)][;tls=(auto|stls),certificate[,private-key]
> >
> > Do you think you could forward that to me? I'd prefer not to rewrite code
> > you've already written. In addition, what do you think would be the
> > appropriate way to specify the user that tpop3d would setuid to while
> > doing its TLS work? Should we alter the above configuration directive to:
> >   address[:port][(domain)][;tls=(auto|stls),user,certificate[,private-key]
>
> I think that the user under which TLS proxying runs can
> probably be configured globally, unless there's a good
> reason not to. If you do want to allow it to be chosen on
> a per-listener basis, the above is fine.

I'm not certain that there is a compelling reason, I was just attempting
to provide the user with maximum flexibility. However, if you don't think
its needed, I'll skip it. I'd rather spend more time working on the TLS
code than figuring out how best to parse a complicated configuration
directive. ;)

Ben