[tpop3d-discuss] Stealing C-Client locks incompatible with mailspool cache

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:29:11 -0700 (MST)

While I realize that the metadata cache for is an experimental feature, I
had it enabled on my system and noticed some issue when stealing C-Client
locks. Specifically, after stealing a C-Client lock, it appears that the
metadata cache contains invalid information and therefore truncates/splits
messages.

My suspicion is that when releasing the C-Client lock, Pine alters
messages in the spool and causes the metacache information to become
misaligned with the mailspool file.

I haven't poked the code enough to figure out a fix, but I thought I'd let
the world know so that it can, at least, be documented in the README.

Ben

P.S. Chris- You said you had code that can parse the configuration line
that you had come up with for TLS -- it was:
  address[:port][(domain)][;tls=(auto|stls),certificate[,private-key]

Do you think you could forward that to me? I'd prefer not to rewrite code
you've already written. In addition, what do you think would be the
appropriate way to specify the user that tpop3d would setuid to while
doing its TLS work? Should we alter the above configuration directive to:
  address[:port][(domain)][;tls=(auto|stls),user,certificate[,private-key]