[tpop3d-discuss] mailbox parsing problem

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:03:07 +0000

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:47:48PM +0100, Jean-Luc Detry wrote:

> A few days ago, we switch from a qpopper daemon (which
> gives a high disk activity) to the last version of
> tpop3d (1.3.5) (context is : Sun/solaris 2.6).
>
> For disk activity, everything is ok , but ....
>
> Some users reporte me a problem in mail parsing ....
>
> In fact, if in the body of the mail we found  :
>

> 1
> 2
> 3
>
> >From string
> 4
> 5
> 6
    [...]
> NB : if in place of \nFrom we have a \n\nFrom everithing is ok (1mail)

I'm not certain what you're asking here.

First, was the From in the above escaped (>From) when you
sent that mail? If so, I have no idea what's going on.

Otherwise, I'm still confused. I don't know what you mean
about `\nFrom ' vs. `\n\nFrom ' -- tpop3d has always used
`\n\nFrom ', which is the correct delimiter in mailspool
files.

Is it possible that your MDA is failing to escape lines
which begin `From' in mail which it delivers? I believe
that some versions of Solaris suffer from this problem.

  http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/content-length.html

has more information on this.

--
 ``The Fifth Law of Pipes: The outside diameter must exceed the inside
   diameter; otherwise the hole will be on the outside of the pipe.''