[tpop3d-discuss] ldap virtual auth plugin : near release

Prune prune at lecentre.net
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:54:26 +0100

--------------050705030205050401060007

>>would you please give us an example ?
>>

>As a general LDAP example, you could for define an arbitraty group
>by a filter, e.g. all senior developers who have a particular boss, or
>all the color printers on the second floor, assuming you have that data
>in the directory.

re,

storing filters in ldap can, maybe, be useful. As storing ACL (really
useful !)
but, we're talking about 'authenticating users' for a pop service.
This seems to be as structure independant as possible.
The search filter depends on both the popper (the data supplied by the
user popping his mail) and the tree structure. In fact, whatever the
tree structure is, the search filter will always be the same :
(&(mail=xxxxx)(objectclass=mailaccount))
which means : search the dn of the user which mail is 'xxxxx' and who
have a mail account

in this case, I don't see the need of storing this in Ldap.
Then... we could think to add a new module, overtaking utils.c, who will
get all configuration attrs from Ldap...
It's a conveniant way to have all your configuration parameters at the
same place. But it's far beyond our need :))))

Prune

--------------050705030205050401060007

<head>
</head>
re,<br>
storing filters in ldap can, maybe, be useful. As storing ACL (really useful
!)<br>
but, we're talking about 'authenticating users' for a pop service.<br>
This seems to be as structure independant as possible.<br>
The search filter depends on both the popper (the data supplied by the user
popping his mail) and the tree structure. In fact, whatever the tree structure
is, the search filter will always be the same : <br>
(&amp;(mail=xxxxx)(objectclass=mailaccount))<br>
which means : search the dn of the user which mail is 'xxxxx' and who have
a mail account<br>
in this case, I don't see the need of storing this in Ldap.<br>
Then... we could think to add a new module, overtaking utils.c, who will
get all configuration attrs from Ldap...<br>
It's a conveniant way to have all your configuration parameters at the same
place. But it's far beyond our need :))))<br>
Prune<br>

--------------050705030205050401060007--