[tpop3d-discuss] LDAP module for tpop3D (and virtual domains)

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:23:50 +0000

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:11:25AM +0100, Prune wrote:

> Pam-LDAP is good for auth, but doesn't do the trick for virtual domains.
> I want to have tpop3D to request maildrop too.
> Here are my questions :
>
> -Have anybody developped an auth plugin (like the mysql one) which can
> speak to openldap ?

If anyone has, it has not been announced to the list.

> else :
> -Have anybody developped the same plugin in perl ?
> -Is it possible to do 'virtual domains' when using the perl-plugin or
> the external auth-plugin ?

Yes-- that's pretty much the purpose of these. Have a look
at Paul Makepeace's perl script for virtual domains via
Oracle -- scripts/oraclevmail which is an example of how
to do it.

> The perl module is for beeing able to test for 200k users quickly.
> If the C version does not exist, i'll work on it... just tell me if you
> have clues...

I would start by implementing the perl version and seeing
whether it's good enough. Unless LDAP lookups are very
slow indeed the performance of the server will still be
dominated by the time to process messages in the mail box,
and it will probably be much easier to do in perl....

I would (as ever) be grateful for contributed
authentication scripts.

--
 DO NOT THROW STONES AT THIS NOTICE
 (notice on a beach, southern England)