[tpop3d-discuss] CVS problems

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:43:48 +0000

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:40:15PM +0000, Jonathan wrote:
> Couple of problems with the current CVS...
>
> First off there's a little bug in the config parsing code, more specifically
> that for the listen-address. It picks up the '(' before the domain name as
> part of the domain name, badly breaking APOP and a few other things. I've
> attached a patch.

Oops! Thanks for that.

> Secondly I'm having weird problems with Outlook Express users downloading
> attachments. Their connections are getting timed out while downloading the
> message (I think). I'm not convinced that this isn't down to user error, and
> was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. Because of a lack of
> Outlook Express users who are prepared to act as test victims for 1MB emails
> I'm having a few problems confirming this one ;)

Yes, there are some outstanding problem reports there.
Unfortuantely I haven't had much time to devote to tpop3d
in the last few months. My recollection is that at my last
investigation there were still some intermittent problems.

Are your users downloading mail with TLS or unsecured
connections?

--
``We apologise for the error in the last edition, in which we stated that
  `Mr X is a Defective in the Police Force'. We meant, of course, that 'Mr X