[tpop3d-discuss] Feature request

mischief@motion.net mischief at motion.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:29:10 -0600

Quoting Martin Klebermaß <klebermass@limtec.de>:

> But i think well, its a quasi standard to let the username caseinsensitive
> ( i dont know a lot apps where there exists case sensitivity with the
> username), so i think that

Most things in my world are case sensitive either by default or irreversibly.
Unix (not just usernames, but filenames, etc), grep, C, Perl, Postfix, find,
slocate, etc.

> caseinsensitivity should be the normal way and casesensitivity the exeption
> ( eg turning case sensitivity on with a switch.)

I think that the native norm is a sensible default, and case-insensitivity a
switch if anything. Of course, if you write your own auth module, you can do it
easily anyway.

Chris Stith