[tpop3d-discuss] Issues with Eudora and CVS tpop3d

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:01:42 +0000

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:

> I'm having intermittent problems with Eudora and the CVS version of
> tpop3d. I'll see if I can run in debug later and give you some output,
> but it appears that the connection is just hanging, and tpop3d
> eventually disconnects logging an error message about connection timing
> out. This happens with plaintext, STARTTLS and alternate port TLS.
>
> Is there any extra information I can provide to better help you diagnose
> this problem, or do you just need output from tpop3d debug?

If you have the time to spend, it would be very useful if
you could attach a debugger to the process and have a poke
around in the connection and buffer objects. My guess is
that something is still wrong in the bufferring code, but
I haven't had a chance to look at it in a while, and I'm
unfortunately not going to be able to spend much time on
it any time soon.

> BTW- On a side note, I had to add "#define NULL (0)" to buffer.c,
> because it apparently isn't including a header that defines NULL for
> FreeBSD. Just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks -- now fixed.

--
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won.
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!