[tpop3d-discuss] Feature request

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:43:27 +0000

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 09:35:50PM +0100, Jens Liebchen (ppp-design) wrot=
e:
> Martin Kleberma=DF wrote:
> > As of the definition of the SMTP Protokol ( or where is the email
> > addresse defiened)  i think there should not exist case sensitivity.
>=20
>=20
> The username used for authentification has not to be equal to the
> emailaddress. Furthermore SMTP has nothing to do with
> username/password combination used for POP3-authentification. Imho
> there is no reason to restrict usernames to be case insensitive.

Agree strongly. But an option for case insensitivity seems
sensible. I've added it to the `to do' list.

--=20
Don't argue with idiots-- they drag you down to their level,
and then they win because they're playing on home ground.