[tpop3d-discuss] Feature request

Martin Klebermaß klebermass at limtec.de
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:03:42 +0100

As of the definition of the SMTP Protokol ( or where is the email addresse
defiened)  i think there should not exist case sensitivity.

So every authentication system where the comparison of the user_name is done
internal ( eg u cant define it yourself like it is eg with SQL where u can
do the case insensitivity in the sql string) must compare it so that the
writing ( UPERCASE or lowercase ) doesnt matter.
So there isnt an option like 'lowercase-username: yes'. needed but the
authentication method has to be rewritten so the bug doesnt appear again.