[tpop3d-discuss] Maildir Support

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:26:39 +0200

Hakan Terzioglu wrote:

Hi,

> mailbox_new(/var/spool/exim/teklan.net/selam): request for unknown
> mailbox type bsd
> connection_sendresponse: client [6]selam@teklan.net(195.174.7.58):
> sent `+OK Welcome aboard! You have no messages at all.'

Well, this is something I told Chris a while ago but he didn't want to
change because you can solve it with your own sql-query. You cannot set
a default mailbox type, tpop3d always uses bsd. In older releases, it
switched to maildir if you disabled bsd. Now you have to patch the code
(it did this at the beginning, but it's annoying if you upgrade often to
the current version) or use something like this:

auth-mysql-pass-query: \
  SELECT CONCAT(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name), \
  popbox.password_hash, domain.unix_user, 'maildir' \
  FROM popbox, domain \
  WHERE popbox.local_part = '$(local_part)' \
  AND popbox.domain_name = '$(domain)' \
  AND popbox.domain_name = domain.domain_name

(the same for auth-mysql-apop-query). I stole this from auth_mysql.c and
replaced the hardcoded 'bsd' with 'maildir'. I think it would be more
elegant to make the default configurable.

bye, Jakob