[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d 1.4.2 : feature requests.

Dave Baker dave at dsb3.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:36:51 -0400

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

I'd like to put in a request for some config option changes for the next
release.

The -d flag was added to prevent tpop3d from detaching from the terminal
and log to STDERR.  This should probably log to STDOUT and _not_ log to
syslog if it's to jive nicely with daemontools. =20

As it is, the "no-detach" and -d on the command line do not behave
identically when I spawn tpop3d under daemontools.  specifically, if I
just use no-detach then I end up with nothing going through my daemontools
log processor.  Very odd.

Secondly, a "brief logging" flag would be marvelous.  Perhaps just take
out the net_loop:, listeners_post_select: connections_post_select: (etc)
prefixes to the log lines.  Basically, take out anything that repeats
itself ad infinitum and doesn't really add anything to the log other than
size.  I want to know who, when and how much.  Anything else can be saved
for debug mode.

Dave

--=20

- Dave Baker  :  dave@dsb3.com  :  dave@devbrain.com  :  http://dsb3.com/ -
GnuPG:  1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--