[tpop3d-discuss] xinetd, tpop3d & Redhat 7.1

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:13:05 +0100

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 06:02:45PM +0800, Jerry Liang wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I have tried to install tpop3d 1.3.5 on a i386 pc with Redhat 7.1.
>
> Tpop3d works well with daemon mode. When I try to go to
> tcp wrapper mode, there are some things strange.
    [...]
> Then, I tried to compile the source code with the
> Makefile. I got the following message:
    [...]
> hosts_access.o(.text+0x616): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'

Noted-- I'll fix this in autoconf.

> Instead if inetd.d, Redhat 7.1 has adopted xinetd for
> tcp wrapper structure. Thus, I have to edit
> /etc/xinetd.d/ipop3 as the following:

No-- tcp wrappers configuration is specified in
/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. See hosts.allow(5).

tpop3d can't be operated from inetd or xinetd.

--
 ``[Ham the chimpanzee, upon returning from orbit, was] a thoroughly
   infuriated space veteran who bared his fangs and bit anything...