[tpop3d-discuss] Segmentation fault

Jens Kutilek jk at isitrain.de
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:13:59 +0200

I tried to install tpop3d on Debian Linux / PowerPC. At first it didn't
run at all, but it was better after I applied the two changes to main.c
that were posted here last month.
But though, tpop3d causes a segmentation fault:
# tpop3d -d -v
listener_new: gethostbyaddr(): cannot resolve name
Segmentation fault

The call gethostbyaddr() exists, even on PowerPC ;-) But I think that
is only a warning and not related to the segfault, right?
Any ideas? What can I do to give more information about the crash? I
don't know very much about programming & debugging.

By the way, the lines I changed in main.c were:
487    char *configfile =3D "/etc/tpop3d.conf";
488    int na, c;
494    while ((c =3D getopt(argc, argv, optstring)) !=3D -1) {

Hope I did it right ...

bye,
Jens.

--
Jens Kutilek    * ISITRAIN Schulung und Systeml=F6sungen GmbH
Web-Design      * Postfach 1125, 38174 Wendeburg