[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d 1.3.5

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:54:08 +0100

I have finally got around to releasing tpop3d v1.3.5.

    http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/tpop3d/tpop3d-1.3.5.tar.gz

Changes:

A bug in the log printing code which caused trouble on some architectures was
fixed. A bug in the maildir code which caused the STAT command to claim that
the size of the mailbox was 0 was also fixed. The code was cleaned up slightly
in a comp.lang.c sense.

Authenticators are now passed the IP address of the connected client, which
makes writing POP-before-SMTP authenticators easier.

Facility for specifying the SQL queries used by auth-mysql at runtime was
added, thanks to Mike Bremford. In addition, it is now possible to specify the
types of mailboxes used by auth-mysql.

Support for TCP Wrappers was added.

tpop3d will now remove a stale PID file on startup, rather than exiting.

Support for the MySQL PASSWORD() function as a password-hashing method was
added.

A bug in the supplied TPOP3D::AuthDriver perl module was fixed, thanks to
Steve Benson.

A `StartupItem' (Mac OS X startup script) for tpop3d was contributed by
Gerben Wierda, along with notes on using tpop3d on Mac OS X.

--
 ``The peak years of our intellectual development are between the
   ages of four and eighteen. At age four, we knew all the questions;