[tpop3d-discuss] Re: OFFTOPIC: reply-to munging

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:04:19 +0100

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 11:42:40PM +0200, Marcin Sochacki wrote:

> The problem of reply-to munging comes back...
> In this thread we have a nice example how useful it could be.
> Colin seems to use a simple "Reply", but you also post your replies
> to the group.
>
> The result is, that others can see only half of the discussion, which
> is just annoying.
>
> I don't want to start another flame-war, but you must admit, that for
> educational purposes it would be nice to make the whole discussion public
> (also in the archives). Most users need to perform some magic for
> a "proper" list reply. A munged reply-to is really not that harmful,
> and also is quite intuitive for most users.

Hmmph. I must admit, this is a persuasive argument.

I had hoped that in a discussion about email software,
we could expect everyone to be using non-broken mail
clients.

I will think about it some more.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``Fog In Channel: Continent Cut Off'' (newspaper headline, c. 1905)