[tpop3d-discuss] --enable-mysql-auth configure failure.

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:45:38 +0100

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:08:39PM -0600, Colin wrote:
> I seem to be having touble to get mysql authentication to compile into
> tpop3d.
> I can successfully go through the configuration without the
> --enable-mysql-auth option, but when I add it, I error out with:
>
> checking for mysql_init... no
> configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but mysql_init
> doesn't seem to be available.
>
> I'm on a Mandrake 8.0 system. I've tried compiling it on a Mandrake 7.2
> system, but get the same error.  I've tried upgrading my MySQL package
> to version 3.23.39-1.  I've downloaded and manually compiled the C++ and
> perl API's from mysql.com, but I seem to be stuck at this point.
> Any suggestions?

It sounds as if configure can't find your MySQL
installation. You can tell it where it is with
--with-mysql-root=/some/path; the path given should
contain include/mysql/mysql.h and lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a.

I don't know where Mandrake puts these files, but you
should be able to find them with `locate'.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous