[tpop3d-discuss] --enable-mysql-auth configure failure.

Colin cdearborn at home.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:08:39 -0600

I seem to be having touble to get mysql authentication to compile into
tpop3d.
I can successfully go through the configuration without the
--enable-mysql-auth option, but when I add it, I error out with:

checking for mysql_init... no
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but mysql_init
doesn't seem to be available.

I'm on a Mandrake 8.0 system. I've tried compiling it on a Mandrake 7.2
system, but get the same error.  I've tried upgrading my MySQL package
to version 3.23.39-1.  I've downloaded and manually compiled the C++ and
perl API's from mysql.com, but I seem to be stuck at this point.
Any suggestions?