[tpop3d-discuss] crypt.h on FreeBSD

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:26:48 +0100

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 01:14:18AM +0100, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:10:56PM +0100, Chris Elsworth wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > One other thing worthy of mention - on all the FreeBSD systems I tried,
> > crypt.h was not found by configure. I had to manually edit auth_mysql.c
> > and replace #include <crypt.h> with #include <rpcsvc/crypt.h>.
>
> On some systems the crypt(3) function is in crypt.h; in
> others, it is in unistd.h. The configure script detects
> this (by setting the macro CRYPT_FUNCTION_IN_CRYPT_H) but
> auth_mysql.c did not take account of this. I have now
> fixed it -- thanks.
>
> rpcsvc/crypt.h is not the same thing -- I don't have it on
> this linux system, but I imagine it's associated with RPC,
> which is not used in tpop3d.

oops - my MySQL authentication appears to be working, nonetheless :) So
correctly, I should have changed it to unistd.h ? I imagine I'm not using
any of the functions referenced to it, or they happen to magically
coincide, because it all seems to be working :)

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator
girls = time x money (and time is money)         .       chrise@demon.net