[tpop3d-discuss] crypt.h on FreeBSD

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:14:18 +0100

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:10:56PM +0100, Chris Elsworth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One other thing worthy of mention - on all the FreeBSD systems I tried,
> crypt.h was not found by configure. I had to manually edit auth_mysql.c
> and replace #include <crypt.h> with #include <rpcsvc/crypt.h>.

On some systems the crypt(3) function is in crypt.h; in
others, it is in unistd.h. The configure script detects
this (by setting the macro CRYPT_FUNCTION_IN_CRYPT_H) but
auth_mysql.c did not take account of this. I have now
fixed it -- thanks.

rpcsvc/crypt.h is not the same thing -- I don't have it on
this linux system, but I imagine it's associated with RPC,
which is not used in tpop3d.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``The effect of a bisection will in effect create