[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d version 1.3.2

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:47:37 +0100

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/tpop3d/tpop3d-1.3.2.tar.gz

1.3.2

Minor changes, and an update for auth_mysql to allow passwords in formats
other than the default straight MD5 checksums. Different formats are denoted
by a prefixed token enclosed in { }. Presently supported are:

    {crypt}...          crypt(3) hash
    {crypt_md5}...      crypt_md5 hash
    {plaintext}...      plaintext password
    {md5} or no prefix  old-style simple MD5 password

This facility replaces the old apop_password field in the database; instead,
APOP users should arrange for their passwords to be recorded in the plaintext
format as above.  The new vmail-sql will work in the same way, when it is
released.

In addition, there are a couple of fixes: a small memory leak was removed, and
code was added to work around some bugs in old GNU libc versions.

In view of the last paragraph, existing tpop3d
installations should probably be upgraded.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``Do we really need two North Dakotas?