[tpop3d-discuss] signal 11?

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:23:39 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 05:14:34PM -0700, Nancy Pettigrew (work) wrote:
> Problem for me is that there is no core file to be found and the error is
> sporadic;

Have you tried setting ulimit -c unlimited (as below) so your
environment permits writing core files?

> so far I've been unable to recreate it in a test environment.

I am currently working on integrating tpop3d, exim and Oracle and part
of the requirements for deployment is a documented performance test.
Oracle comes with its own diagnostics and benchmark system but it would
be good to have a configurable expect-based tool to concurrently test
tpop3d (and exim). With the dial cranked up it should be possible to
flush out bugs, race conditions, etc by beating it increasingly hard.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Paul

--snip--

--