[tpop3d-discuss] log message question

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:17:43 +0100

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:18:45PM -0700, Nancy Pettigrew wrote:
> > I note that the client had already authenticated (from the
> > presence of a username in the log line). Do you know
> > whether they had downloaded any messages?
>
> No messages were downloaded - there were none to be had.

Hmm. It's possible that the client was trying to interpret
the response sent when the client enters the TRANSACTION
state; the RFC says not to, but many probably do. Can you
find out which client was in use?

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie. He may have been dead for