[tpop3d-discuss] maildir naming conventions, etc.

Nancy Pettigrew nancy at ender.chuck.net
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:10:50 -0700

Hi,

I've noticed that when switching to tpop3d from another pop server, tpop3d re-downloads messages in the cur directory
that were already downloaded with the old pop program I was using (I'm leaving a copy of messages on the server).
I think this may be a funtion of the mail client I'm using (MSOutlook), I'm going to experiment with some other clients,
but I am curious if it's related to the Maildir naming format...the old pop server I was using marks files in the cur i
directory with the colon, number, flag scheme after downloading, but tpop3d does not.  Could someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,
Nancy