[tpop3d-discuss] auth_mysql trouble

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:50:19 +0000

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 09:36:14AM -0800, Mark Moseley wrote:
> I was a little curious myself as to why it was the case that you needed a
> domain to get auth-mysql to run. I figured it out only after poking through
> the auth-mysql code and adding liberal error reporting and finally noticed
> the statement: if (domain == user || !*domain) return NULL; when the light
> went on. But I still wondered as to why it was the case. Might be a good FAQ
> entry, esp. for people who fire up tpop3d and just telnet to port 110 to
> test it out.

Hmm. I had thought that it was reasonably obvious that
it's for virtual domains only, though I suppose in
retrospect that this isn't the case. Most systems where
there is only one domain use Unix user authentication.
I'll add it to the FAQ, anyway.

--
 It is much easier to apologise than to get permission (Grace Hopper)