uid/gid with auth_mysql (was: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] Using maildir)

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:37:13 +0200

Hello one more time,

> might be desirable. That's why auth-other and auth-perl
> exist. It would not be difficult to modify the auth_mysql

I need one of these two while migrating the old pop3-mailboxes with
standard unix-names to user@domain-logins (in fact it's only changing
the client-config since I can the same pop3-mailbox with both
authentication methods). But now I have problems with this two (as said
before, tpop3d 1.3.4):

- auth-perl works after a little tweaking, but it seems that the
uid/gid-results are not correctly used. My script returns them like the
examples in the script-directory:
return { 'result' => 'YES', 'logmsg' => 'authenticated user',
    'uid' => 'vmail', 'gid' => 'mail',
    'mboxtype' => 'maildir', 'mailbox' => '/var/spool/mail/test/user' };
(mailbox is hardcoded for test purposes)

but the log always says:
authcontext_new_user_pass: began session for `jh' with perl; uid 12, gid
0
A little testing gave, that he puts the gid (group mail is 12 on my
system) I gave into the uid-field and set's gid to 0 everytime. I looked
into the sources, but found nothing special (I'm no C programmer, so
...).

- when I try auth-other with the same script and the explicit
"$auth->run();" (stolen from scripts/dotapopfile), I always get a
"auth_other_recv_response: read: Bad file descriptor; killing child".
Maybe somebody has a hint or a ready perl code snippet that reads in the
input data, so I can do further processing.

--
regards, Jakob