[tpop3d-discuss] Using maildir

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:19:03 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Lightfoot"
<chris@ex-parrot.com>

> > ok, it works. I've put a --disable-mailbox-bsd to the
configure-line.
> > Docs say both should do simoultanously, so maybe something is
broken.
> Yes, this is a... feature... of auth-mysql: it selects a
> `default' mailbox type for users who authenticate via it.

He, that's nearly M$-speak. :)

> The global mailbox setting is ignored. This should
> probably be emphasised in the documentation. Removing BSD

Sure, would have saved me some time.

> auth_mysql is quite closely tied to a particular
> configuration (vmail-sql), and is not really as general as
> might be desirable. That's why auth-other and auth-perl

I think it's okay this way, since need for different mailbox-types with
mysql-authentication is atypical. It would need a new field in table
popbox. A global setting auth-mysql-mboxtype in tpop3d.conf should be
sufficient for most cases.

--
MfG, Jakob Hirsch. ICQ# 78958588
77652 Offenburg, Germany