[LordsReform-core]Re: Reforming the lords: the revenge

Mark Wainwright maw13 at cam.ac.uk
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:26:40 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,

Once again I'm writing to see if any of your expressions in jury-based
Lords reform of interest can be turned into action. In recent news

-- I'm working on the House of Lords as an "intern" at the UCL
   Constitution Unit (www.ucl.ac.uk/constitution-unit/)

-- I've got hold of the famous Demos pamphlet on the idea, by Anthony
   Barnett

-- I'm arranging to meet Barnett, now head of OpenDemocracy.net, in
   October some time

-- I have added various things to the lordsreform wiki

-- I've added you all to the lordsreform-core mailing list, which this
   is  sent to. You can remove yourself, fiddle with your options, or
   see who else is on it by going to
   <http://lists.beasts.org/mailman/listinfo/lordsreform-core>.

However, I CAN'T RUN THIS SHOW ON MY OWN. If you have any enthusiasm
please show it. Also I'm still very keen to arrange a meeting for anyone
interested -- whether it's an hour or a weekend -- but my previous two
attempts failed. If you'd come along let me know, but please understand
that you're all busy people and if you wait till "you have some time" to
get involved, it'll never happen: it's something you'll have to MAKE
time for. If that's not going to happen, that's fine, but don't kid
yourself (or, more importantly, me) that it is.

Hope you are all well -- those of you I haven't seen for ages do get in
touch and tell me what you're up to.

Best,

Mark