[Iftop-users] Feature request: pppd decapsulation (I think)

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Fri Sep 25 13:05:51 BST 2020

So,

I have an interface, eth1, that is used for pppd (connects direct to
the modem) that is used to create the ppp0 virtual interface.  When
using iftop on ppp0, it works great.  Sadly sometimes that interface
bounces, and iftop stops reporting data after it comes back up.  When
trying to use iftop on eth1, no data is reported even when ppp0 is up.
Can we get iftop to work on ppp0?  I hope I explained it well...thank
you!

James