[Iftop-users] Debugging MySQL Replication lag using iftop utility

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:01:46 BST 2016

Hi,

Is there a way to monitor bandwidth usage using iftop? I am currently
debugging a *MySQL Master Slave Replication lag issue*.

Master Server IP :- 192.168.1.10
Slave Server IP :- 192.168.1.11

I am interested in measuring the network traffic between Master and Slave
at a particular period. For example the lag happens only during late night
hours around 3:00 am till 4:00 am. Can iftop network monitoring utility be
run in background or daemon mode or invoked by cron during a specific time
period to see if the network is a bottleneck for the *Slave Lag*. Also can
i filter source ip which is 192.168.1.10 (IP of the Master MySQL Server)?

Any help will be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Kaushal