[Iftop-users] question aout redirect the iftop output to a log file

Andy Wolin andywolin at gmail.com
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:00:55 -0700

--00151749f60619a9a904b73d5b80

I had this question a while back as well but did not see a way to do it so
I ended up using this program (which has a few log file options):

http://www.gropp.org/?id=projects&sub=bwm-ng

2012/1/22 Robert WANG <chunyu_5@msn.com>

>  Hi,
>   I am a server support engineer.
> Now I want to monitor the whole day or whole week network traffic throught
> the network port of my Sun Solaris server.
> I tried to use the iftop and I found it can show the network traffic in
> real time , it is cool.
>   But how can I re-direct the iftop output to a log file? So that I can
> analysis some network performace issue.
> I have checked man page , did not find any clue.
>   Hope for your reply.
>   Thank you very much!
> Best regards,
> Robert WANG

--00151749f60619a9a904b73d5b80

I had this question a while back as well but did not see a way to do it so =
I ended up using this program (which has a few log file options):<br><br><a=
 href=3D"http://www.gropp.org/?id=3Dprojects&amp;sub=3Dbwm-ng">http://www.g=
ropp.org/?id=3Dprojects&amp;sub=3Dbwm-ng</a><br>
tr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:chunyu_5@msn.com">chunyu_5@msn.com</a>&gt;</span>=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hi,<br>=A0 I am a server support engineer.<br>Now I want to monitor the who=
le day or whole week network traffic throught the network port of my Sun So=
laris server.<br>I tried to use the iftop and I found it can show the netwo=
rk traffic in real time , it is cool.<br>
=A0 But how can I re-direct the iftop output to a log file? So that I can a=
nalysis some network performace issue.<br>I have checked man page , did not=

--00151749f60619a9a904b73d5b80--