[Iftop-users] Problem with iftop and libpcap 1.1.1 on Solaris

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:55:29 +0100

Hi,

I am currently working on an iftop package for OpenCSW for Solaris 9 =
Sparc
and noted that neither 0.17 not 1.0pre2 work with libpcap 1.1.1 - they =
just show
zeros for the stats and no connections. They do work with older versions =
of libpcap
like 0.9.4.

Additionally, I needed a couple of patches to compile it on Solaris 9 =
with GCC 3.4.6
which you may want to incorporate:
=
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/iftop/trunk/file=

Edit: My patches are essentially the same as the ones posted here:
        =
http://lists.beasts.org/pipermail/iftop-users/2011-October/000354.html

Best regards

-- Dago

--=20
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by =
wanting to do something,
and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process." - xkcd =