[Iftop-users] iftop without ncurses

pat dwr-list at open.ch
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:20:15 +0100

Hi all,

having used iftop for a couple of interesting network analyses now I
found that a small enhancement could not be too wrong. This is what I
would like to propose here.

What I am trying to do is to adapt iftop to support a snapshot view of
the traffic. Very much like 'have iftop run a while and then dump the
result to stdout'.
The thing is that curses must not be used for that case.

I have written a patch that does the following stuff:

- moved shared ui stuff into ui_common.c/ui_common.h
- added -t option to turn off curses and dump everything to stdout
- added -s option to have iftop run the indicated number of seconds and
then stop it and dump only one screen of information

Is there anybody that has the power to decide whether or not stuff is
moved into the official sources and is willing to look at the things I
have written? If there is, please let me know. I will be happy to
provide you with the sources (sources not attached since moderation of
long messages does not seem to work in this list).

pat.