[Iftop-users] List dead?

Martins Dzelde martins.dzelde at latrude.lv
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:18:32 +0200

Hello!

> There are a number of us still passively listening, though.
and me being one of them. :)

Thanks a lot for the replies.
Well, i am using iftop version 0.17 on freebsd 6.1, installed through
ports. i think it should be the latest, although havent been doing updates
for few months, there might be few patches to apply. the freebsd box is
running as a bridge with two NICs. Only one nic has an IP address.

another observation is that the speeds for the traffic slowly decreases
although i am sure that everything is still runnings. my guess is that the
total traffic somhow sums up and is dived by the current traffic, hence
the speed decreases. so it gives a more or less precise measure only for a
few minutes. just did this test once more: i run the command: 'iftop -F
192.168.0.0/24' and press d to hide the destination address and after few
minutes CPU if down from 73% idle to 10% idle.

Martins.