[Iftop-users] List dead?

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 07:41:24 -0600

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 03:13:56PM +0200, Martins Dzelde wrote:
| Hi, pat!
|=20
| I can only say that the list is not very responsive to questions. The onl=
y =20
| negotiation that sometimes goes throught are some updates, written =20
| patches, or bug posts.

There are a number of us still passively listening, though.

| For example, I was trying to find how to see traffic per host on my =20
| subnet. I couldnt find the info even in manual, nor googling. No one =20
| replied thought the answer was pretty simple: you have to run iftop on =
=20
| desired subnet, ie. 'iftop -F 192.168.0.0/24' and the press 'd' to hide =
=20
| destination address. Then it nicely shows total traffic for every ip =20
| address on the subnet.
|=20
| Although I havent yet found how to work around the problem that the =20
| traffic agreggates, ie, sums up and fills up all the memory for the =20
| computer. May be someone knows a hint?

I haven't seen this.  What operating system type and version are you
running iftop on?

I assume you're running the very latest iftop from pdw?

 Jon

| Good luck,
| Martins.

--=20
----
Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Au=
stin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey=
.gpg