[Iftop-users] List dead?

Martins Dzelde martins.dzelde at latrude.lv
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:13:56 +0200

Hi, pat!

I can only say that the list is not very responsive to questions. The only
negotiation that sometimes goes throught are some updates, written
patches, or bug posts.

For example, I was trying to find how to see traffic per host on my
subnet. I couldnt find the info even in manual, nor googling. No one
replied thought the answer was pretty simple: you have to run iftop on
desired subnet, ie. 'iftop -F 192.168.0.0/24' and the press 'd' to hide
destination address. Then it nicely shows total traffic for every ip
address on the subnet.

Although I havent yet found how to work around the problem that the
traffic agreggates, ie, sums up and fills up all the memory for the
computer. May be someone knows a hint?

Good luck,
Martins.