[Iftop-users] iftop 0.17 on HP-UX 11i

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:49:43 -0500

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 10:37:22AM -0400, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

| Hey all,
|=20
| I've been using iftop on Solaris for some time now and love what it is
| able to do -- there are few programs that make things quite this easy to
| decipher.
|=20
| I'd like to use this also on an HP-UX box, but I can't get it built. It
| balks in the pthreads department, but AFAIK HP-UX now supports pthreads
| properly. Any assistance would be wonderful. config.log is as follows:
|=20
| configure:6294: checking POSIX threads compilation
| configure:6309: cc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include
| - -I/usr/local/include  -L/u
| sr/local/lib conftest.c -lpcap -lm  -lcurses  >&5
| configure:6312: $? =3D 0
| configure:6315: test -s conftest
| configure:6318: $? =3D 0
| configure:6347: result: CFLAGS=3D and LIBS=3D
| configure:6349: checking POSIX threads usability
| configure:6359: cc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include
| - -I/usr/local/include  -L/u
| sr/local/lib conftest.c -lpcap -lm  -lcurses  >&5
| configure:6362: $? =3D 0
| configure:6364: ./conftest
| Function is not available
| configure:6367: $? =3D 255
| configure: program exited with status 255
| configure: failed program was:
| /*
|  * pthread.c:
|  * Tiny test program to see whether POSIX threads work.
|  */
| <source code snipped because you know what it says already>
|=20
| There's not a whole lot of info here -- Function not available could
| refer to quite a number of functions.
|=20
| Thanks for any time you spend on this, and for the great product that at
| least I can use elsewhere.

Are you using gcc on HP-UX, or are you using a native HP-UX C/C++
compiler?

I don't think we've had any users attempt to build iftop on HP-UX
before.  We'll probably need someone with access to an HP-UX box and
some autoconf-fu to tweak the configure.in file so that it can cope
with the way an HP-UX system is laid out.

For example, I'd guess we'd need a -lthreads or some such there in
order to pick up the threads library, but that will depend on just how
HP-UX is laid out.

 Jon

--=20
----
Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Au=
stin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey=
.gpg

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua