[Iftop-users] Help

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:16:46 +0000

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:08:23PM -0600, Tim.Clashin@calcucare.com wrote:
> I don't see the symbols, not much of a compling guru to be honest with
> you.  Below is a tail of the make running.
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    -I/usr/local/include  -g -O2 -c `test
> -f 'vector.c' || echo './'`vector.c
> gcc  -g -O2  -L/usr/local/lib -o iftop  addr_hash.o edline.o hash.o
> iftop.o ns_hash.o options.o  resolver.o screenfilter.o serv_hash.o sorted_
> ist.o threadprof.o ui.o  util.o addrs_ioctl.o addrs_dlpi.o  dlcommon.o
> stringmap.o cfgfile.o  vector.o  -lpcap -lnsl -lm -lsocket  -lncurses -lp
> hread
> initscr32                           ui.o
> acs32map                            ui.o
> w32addch                            ui.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to iftop
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `iftop'
> Current working directory /opt/iftop/iftop-0.16
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /opt/iftop/iftop-0.16
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

hmm. The functions it can't find are parts of ncurses, but
from the options it looks like you've got it linking
against the right library. Which version of ncurses have
you got on that machine? Where is it installed?

--
wasm (n.): an outmoded policy, belief, or enthusiasm;
           literally an ism of the past.