[Iftop-users] Segfault on Fedora

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:59:37 +0000

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 02:28:43PM +0100, richard lucassen wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:22:09 +0000
> Steven J Baker <sjb@ambrielconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> > As root with .iftoprc in /root/ on a Dell laptop running Fedora, iftop
> > works for me.
> >
> > Is your .iftoprc ok?
>
> The iftoprc is included in the tarball. But even if there is rubbish in
> the file, iftop should not segfault IMHO ;-)

This is true.

The iftop you're running doesn't appear to have debugging info in it, so
I can't tell much from the bt.  Can you recompile with debugging info.
I think "CFLAGS=-g && make clean && make" should do the trick.

Please just cut and paste the trace into the email - I'll respond
quicker that way :-)

thanks,

Paul