[Iftop-users] iftop 0.16

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:38:44 +0000

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 03:33:48PM +0000, Paul Warren wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 03:28:28PM +0000, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 03:20:37PM +0000, Paul Warren wrote:
> > > This email didn't make it onto the mailing list, probably due to the
> > > size limit.  We're trying to persuade iftop to compile on NetBSD, which
> > > like any decent UNIX has its own, uniquely broken pthread
> > > implementation.  This one doesn't seem to be able to spell
> > > "pthread_cancel".
> >
> > hmm. From the transcript it looks like it's failing to
> > link with the pthread library. The thing to do is probably
> > to figure out how to compile a pthread program (like the
> > test one), perhaps from the pthread(3) man page, then
> > try to figure out why configure isn't figuring it out. Are
> > the NetBSD man pages online?
>
> Hmm.  I think previously it was failing to link against loads of things,
> and now it's just down to that one function, BICBW.

Quite right, I was only reading the top of the log :(

According to the man pages for -current on
http://www.netbsd.org/, the implementation supports
pthread_cancel and pthread_testcancel, and all you need to
do is link with -lpthread. Dunno about older versions
though.

Can you try compiling the test program (config/pthread.c)
with,

    cc -lpthread -g -Wall -o pthread pthread.c

and tell me what you get?

--
Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case (newspaper headline)