[Iftop-users] iftop 0.16

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:28:28 +0000

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 03:20:37PM +0000, Paul Warren wrote:
> This email didn't make it onto the mailing list, probably due to the
> size limit.  We're trying to persuade iftop to compile on NetBSD, which
> like any decent UNIX has its own, uniquely broken pthread
> implementation.  This one doesn't seem to be able to spell
> "pthread_cancel".

hmm. From the transcript it looks like it's failing to
link with the pthread library. The thing to do is probably
to figure out how to compile a pthread program (like the
test one), perhaps from the pthread(3) man page, then
try to figure out why configure isn't figuring it out. Are
the NetBSD man pages online?

--
``The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
  religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.