[Iftop-users] iftop 0.16

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:36:28 -0600

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 20:46:46 +0000
Paul Warren <pdw@ex-parrot.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 12:04:45PM -0600, John Thompson wrote:
> > On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 15:38:29 +0000
> > Paul Warren <pdw@ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for the delay in repling, I've only just had a chance to
> > > look at this.  I think I need to see more of your config.log.
> > > configure should attempt to compile a test program in 12 different
> > > ways.  I suspect that at least one of those is actually compiling
> > > and it's the test program that's failing.  Can you post the rest
> > > of the file?
> >
> > Certainly:
>
> OK, so it doesn't like the -pthread option, and it can't find
> libpthread.  What does:
>
> 	locate libpthread
>
> tell you?

bash-2.05b# locate libpthread
/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib/libpthread.a
/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib/libpthread.so
/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib/libpthread.so.1
/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib/libpthread.so.1.60

> If that reveals libpthread to be in a non-standard location,
> try doing:
>
>     export CPPFLAGS=-L/some/wierd/directory
>
> before running configure.

No joy:

bash-2.05b# export CPPFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib
bash-2.05b# ./configure

	[...]

checking for library containing getnameinfo... none required
checking for library containing gethostbyaddr_r... no
checking for library containing gethostbyaddr... none required
checking where to find pcap.h... /include
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
checking pcap.h usability... yes
checking pcap.h presence... yes
checking for pcap.h... yes
checking for a curses library containing mvchgat... -lncurses
checking how to compile a working program with POSIX threads... no idea
configure: error: can't figure out how to compile with POSIX threads
  If your system actually supports POSIX threads, this means we've messed up.

bash-2.05b#

--

-John (JohnThompson@new.rr.com)