[Iftop-users] Re: dns resolution

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:15:05 +0100

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 07:43:32AM -0400, das@onperfect.com wrote:
> Well, I know it sounds old but we are using RedHat release 6.2 on this
> particular machine. It does the job when it comes to routing.

Should work fine on RH6.2.

> I have not asked my son (who does alot of re-compiling
> of the kernel for various purposes) but I wouldn't be surprised if the
> kernel is different than the standard Red-Hat 6.2 kernel.

That shouldn't make any difference.

> Give me a clue where to look for "netdb_1thread" and I'll take a look.

It's one of the options that you can give to the ./configure script.
I'm assuming you built from source, in which case can you post your
config.log.

Can you describe the exact symptoms?  I'm assuming that it is still
showing traffic, but that it starts using IP addresses rather than names
after some point.

Paul