[Iftop-users] POSIX threads configure test spins on Solaris

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:21:09 -0600

Hi, folks.  I've been negligent in trying out the newer iftop releases
lately.  I just tried to configure 0.15, and found that the POSIX
thread test program spins indefinitely on Solaris, blocking the
configure.

I'm not very familiar with the POSIX Threads API so I don't know that
I can debug this quickly.  If I run a truss on the pthread test
program, it exits out fairly quickly with a 0 exit value, but if I run
it straight it just hangs.

Any thoughts?

Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Austin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey.gpg