[Iftop-users] Kudos and Question

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri, 23 May 2003 10:01:24 -0500

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to drop a line and say that we're extremely
pleased to have iftop here at ARL:UT.  I, personally, have been
wanting something like this for some time, and seeing it on freshmeat
yesterday was really fantastic.

I do have a question, however.  We're running it on Solaris 8, and
while I understand that it's necessary to use -p to run it in
promiscuous mode to see the outgoing packets, even when this is done,
I still see nothing but flatline on the cummulative and peak TX stats
on the bottom of the display.

This even in the case where I'm seeing outgoing statistics in the
bar-graph display.

I built iftop-0.12 against libpcap-0.7.2.. is this a supported
configuration?

Thanks for a really attractive tool.

 Jon

--=20
----
Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Au=
stin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey=
.gpg

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q