[Iftop-users] iftop on openbsd

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:54:11 +0100

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:51:53PM +0100, Paul Warren wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 01:54:38PM -0700, Michael wrote:
> > I successfully compiled the latest iftop on openbsd 3.4 (installed yesterday
> > from the current /snapshot/i386/ openbsd directory)
> >
> > It seems to work except once loaded I cant stop it with "q"  like I can in
> > linux, and I cant ctrl-C  or ctrl-X it or anything it keeps running, I have
> > to open a new bash shell and kill -9 its pid
    [...]
> My guess is that it's a difference in the handling of threads (is that
> vague enough?), and the stuff that makes is quit is <blame-torch
> action="pass">stuff that Chris wrote</blame-torch>

*groan*

I wonder if OpenBSD runs under VMWare yet? Alternatively,
would one of you security-conscious OpenBSD people like to
give me root access to your machine? (No, I didn't think
so.)

--
Theoreticians have always succeeded in providing an understanding for
all observed phenomena--even those which later proved to be incorrect