[Iftop-users] Monitoring all traffic

joedson marques joedson.anid at gmail.com
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:04:44 -0300

--f46d044472bb782d9f04afd2e8dc

Warren,

Sorry for won't be clear;

Lets me try explain better.

As long I open the iftop (passing an interface as parameter)
it's show all traffic passing through the respective
interface; but shortly after, it starts decreasing
the traffic that value, until remains only:
current bandwidth usage by *pairs of hosts*,
this means, only hosts *directy connected*
with the current host (the freeBSD).

As this host is a router, most of the  traffic that
pass through it, isn't directy connected
with it, it's *just forwards* this traffic.

So, as I wanna monitoring *whole bandwidth*, passing
through the interface, the iftop does not show
it (all the time, just when I start it); just the traffic of
pairs of hosts.

Is possible monitoring all traffic passing through
the interface, instead only the traffic of the
pairs?

Thanks!

--f46d044472bb782d9f04afd2e8dc

ter. <br><br>As long I open the iftop (passing an interface as parameter)<b=
r>it&#39;s show all traffic passing through the respective<br>interface; bu=
t shortly after, it starts decreasing<br>
the traffic that value, until remains only:<br>current bandwidth usage by <=
>with the current host (the freeBSD).<br><br>As this host is a router, most=
 of the=A0 traffic that<br>
pass through it, isn&#39;t directy connected<br>with it, it&#39;s <b>just f=
l the time, just when I start it); just the traffic of <br>
pairs of hosts.<br><br>Is possible monitoring all traffic passing through<b=
r>

--f46d044472bb782d9f04afd2e8dc--